With increased industry-wide focus on transparency and operational efficiency, effective establishment and ongoing management of your fund structures is more important than ever. Deciding on which type of fund to establish and where to establish it can be confusing.
As a flexible and proactive administrator, we have a solid understanding of how to best support our clients through the establishment and ongoing management of multiple fund types. We offer a variety of funds and private schemes for different types of investors – including Retail, Institutional and Private – and we have a depth of experience in helping clients to find the best solutions to meet their needs.
- What are your investment objectives?
- What type of investors are you seeking to attract?
- What level of capital are you seeking to raise?
- Are there any cross border tax implications for investors?
- Do you need an investment management company?
- Will there be any asset protection/segregation or currency exposure requirements?
With increased industry-wide focus on transparency and operational efficiency, effective establishment and ongoing management of your fund structures is more important than ever. Our core fund services include:
- Fund establishment
- Fund administration
- Accounting and valuations
- Shareholder services
- Corporate services
- Compliance support
- Outsourcing services
- Treasury services
The highest quality of middle and back office services offered in the administration of a fund’s operational activity are core to its success. It is here that our independence, innovative technology and expert teams combine knowledge and experience with best practice operational processes to ensure the accurate and timely provision of professional accounting, registrar and statutory services.
With more than 35 years’ experience, we provide full-service concept development and administration solutions for a range of third-party funds and currently provide services to open-ended and closed-ended funds domiciled in all of the primary domiciles, including the Isle of Man, Malta, British Virgin Islands (‘BVI’), Cayman and Bermuda.
Isle of Man schemes can be open or closed-ended companies, unit trusts, limited partnerships or contractual arrangements targeted towards retail, institutional and sophisticated investors:
- Exempt Scheme: (Private offering) Not offered to the general public – max 50 investors
- Specialist Fund: (Sophisticated and professional investors) No regulatory restrictions on asset classes
- Qualifying Fund: (Sophisticated and professional investors) Can be marketed to institutional and experienced non-retail investors.
- Regulated Fund: Flexible regulations and suitable for stock exchange listing – normally sold through Independent Financial Advisers
- Authorised Scheme: (Retail investors) Offers high degree of investor protection and can be promoted to the general public.
Malta schemes can be open-ended (SICAV) or closed-ended (INVCO), unit trusts, mutual funds or limited partnerships targeted towards retail, institutional and sophisticated investors:
- Alternative Investment Fund (‘AIF’): (Professional Institutional Investors) Cannot be promoted to the general public. Compliant under AIFMD
- Professional Investor Fund: (Experienced and institutional investors) Used by hedge funds, property funds, private equity funds.
- UCITS: (Retail investors) Capable of promotion to general public – can be passported to any European Economic Area (EEA) or EU member state
- Private Scheme: (Private offering) Not offered to the general public – max 15 investors.
The skill set of our fund team is ideally positioned to support these structures with a depth of fund establishment and ongoing administration expertise, as well as an efficient cost base and a client service ethic which is designed to add speed and flexibility to the administration process.
Administration can often be labour intensive and time critical. We provide clients and other administrators the opportunity to enhance their existing services by reducing the amount of time spent on administration.
Drawing on over 35 years of experience in the investment industry combined with cutting-edge proprietary software designed to maximise automation, reduce manual intervention and increase accuracy, we can help clients to increase efficiencies and reduce costs by offering a full range of fund services on an outsourced basis.
Our outsourcing services focus on delivering high-quality solutions to a wide spectrum of open and closed schemes, pension funds, hedge funds and private schemes through to private companies and trusts looking for reconciliation, portfolio monitoring and benchmarking services.
We provide complete front-to-back office solutions for:
- Fund administration
- Net Asset Value (NAV) accounting and valuation
- Portfolio pricing and reconciliation
- Portfolio benchmarking
- Investor relations
- Transfer Agents
- Compliance support
- Financial Statements
- Company Secretarial and Statutory
- Bank accounts – maintenance and reconciliation services
- Payments – processing and administration services
- Online reporting