We are looking for an individual to undertake UK tax compliance activities for individuals, trusts and companies. The job holder will be able to provide UK tax advice to in house trustees and directors, and tax consultancy services to clients.
The role also requires day to day running of the unit and liaising with third party advisors and clients.
- Accurate preparation of UK tax returns by the statutory filing dates
- Act as a tax technical adviser to resolve system or procedural difficulties
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of tax legislation and current tax practices
- Co-ordination of workflow and tasks
- Management of daily issues
- Manage/supervise team to required standards
- Provide accurately complete detailed technical work.
Skills required to undertake the role
- An understanding of the UK tax anti avoidance regime and how it affects offshore structures
- Ability to assimilate and apply acquired technical tax knowledge.
- People Management
- Communication Skills
- Self motivated with a structured approach to work
- A team player with ability to communicate at all levels.
Knowledge and expertise required to undertake the role – ESSENTIAL
- A working knowledge of UK tax, in particular the UK taxation of offshore structures and the anti avoidance legislation relating to Income tax and Capital Gains tax
- An understanding of inheritance tax and its application to offshore trusts.
Experience and qualifications – ESSENTIAL
- Qualified CTA or an accounting or law qualification.
Experience and qualifications – DESIRABLE
- A background of working with offshore tax structures
- An understanding of the Isle of Man Tax Regime.
Download Job Application Form